To declare, you will need the following documents:
Select an advisor
Your academic advisor is a School of Engineering faculty member who will provide mentorship and guidance during your Stanford career. Additionally, as the BMC major requires independent research, your academic advisor can help you find a research mentor, and in the case that you are unable to find a mentor agrees to serve as your default research advisor.
Because BMC is in the School of Engineering, the academic advisor must hold an appointment with a School of Engineering department. You may declare a coadvisor, whose appointment may be outside the School of Engineering.
- Meet with your academic advisor, review the four-year plan, and have him/her sign your completed program sheet
- Email or drop-off the following forms to Dr. Altman or Dr. Kaushal
- Completed four-year plan
- Completed and signed program sheet (Dr. Altman or Dr. Kaushal to sign)
- Completed Supplementary BMC Declaration form (Dr. Altman or Dr. Kaushal to sign)
- Take all four documents (four-year plan, signed program sheet, signed Supplementary BMC Declaration form, and unofficial transcript) to Darlene Lazar in Huang 135 for review and approval
- Enroll in Axess
- Select "Engr" as your Major
- Select "BMC" as your subplan
- Email Darlene Lazar (firstname.lastname@example.org) once you have completed these steps so she can approve your major